Monday, October 18, 2010

Quick Update

Quick update so everyone knows I'm still alive:

Had to put Okami down for awhile and refresh my gaming brains on a bunch of 2d shooters... a sort of palate cleanser if you will. I've picked Okami back up and am going to try to plug through the second half of this before the huge spate of great new games starts coming out. To wit:

Quantum Theory (already out)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Vanquish
Guwange
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage

All shit threatening to totally derail the time I should be spending painting my Eldar army for 40K. Is it just me or is the new Sonic 4 reallly really weird looking? I tried the demo out, and although it plays fine and my old Sonic reflexes seem to be dialed in... the look of it is just off-putting. Shiny and plastic-looking and the controls are kind of floaty too. I'm not sure I'm going to play this, though I was anticipating it so much. I'm not thrilled that the levels are supposedly remakes of older Sonic levels, though I"m not sure there's a ton they could do that was totally original and wouldn't hearken back to levels from various Genesis and DS episodes.

Work on the Eldar army is proceeding but is kind of slow owing to my continually having to buy new materials since all my old stuff is packed away. I also spend a fair amount of time helping my son with his Tau force but I consider that pretty productive in spite of the distraction. Pics of this work soon I hope.

There's probably going to be some effort for me in my local shop's promotion of the GW hobby too. They're cleaning out a case for a miniatures showcase. We'll see what the response and quality level is to that.

Haven't been doing much on the movie or DVD front. When I do watch television its been to put something educational from the History Channel or somesuch in the background when I've been painting.

I'm not sure I'm going to be less boring as winter closes down around us here, but I'll make an effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment