Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wrath.

The word 'vreid' is Norwegian for 'wrath'.

There is a metal band named Vreid that I started listening to about two weeks ago. Go buy or download their album 'Milorg'. I will brook no argument on this point. No discussion.





Oh, okay. SOME discussion. They are a black metal(-ish) band along the lines of Enslaved, though with a more of a thrash leaning than that band. Kind of like pushing Enslaved and Death Angel together. Some bands like Naglfar or Susperia are called 'blackened thrash' and I get that, but Vreid is literally black metal and thrash TOGETHER.

Pretty sure I'll be picking up just about everything else they have too. I've been listening to a lot of good new music lately but these guys just jumped out at me. I need to check out Windir, their previous band, as well.

Now go do what I told you.

No comments:

Post a Comment