Tuesday, March 12, 2013

What's Up...

Probably should get back to this posting thing.

So currently being part of the great statistic, the unemployed, in addition to video gaming I've set out some educational goals. To wit: learning C++, the Unity game engine, and the 3d graphics software Blender. Pretty much to get my feet wet in the 'creative' end of computer crap, since almost all of my adult working life has been spent working at screens and keyboards doing very productive utilitarian sorts of things. Can't hurt to have knowledge of this stuff on the resume, particularly C++, and there's only so much time one can spend poring over job listings.

These ideas could all go in the crapper tomorrow if I get hired somewhere.

Anyway. Finished Metroid Prime on the wii a few days ago. Good stuff though my patience for all the backtracking and experimenting that comes with Metroid(-style) games means I can't take a steady diet of 'em. This game took me about 25 hours to get through. I'm toying with the idea of playing the SNES game Super Metroid, which I've never played, but I'm afraid I'll get sick of the style partway in and quit. And I really don't want to do that. So I may hammer a few other things out before Super Metroid.

Currently playing Spelunky, Last Hope: Pink Bullets, and Evil Twin.

Ugh. This stupid editor just chopped out my last ten minutes of typing. My opinions on these games. I'm so pissed I'm going to have to come back to them in another post. Fucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment